RC. Schools Closed Wed. Feb. 1st – Weather Update
RC. Faculties Closed Wed. Feb. 1st – Climate Replace
ROBERTSON COUNTY TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn Information) – In response to Robertson County Faculties, on account of issues about inclement climate, Robertson County Faculties can be closed tomorrow, Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
Daycare can be open.
In response to the US Nationwide Climate Service Nashville Tennessee, The subsequent wave of precipitation will transfer in late this afternoon via this night. Precipitation will seemingly begin as freezing rain and sleet within the northwestern counties. Farther south and east, precipitation will begin as rain earlier than transitioning to freezing rain. By Wednesday morning, we anticipate the vast majority of the realm to be at or under freezing. Freezing rain will impression a broader space tonight and we anticipate journey impacts to be extra widespread. Given this, we now have issued a brand new Winter Climate Advisory for tonight and tomorrow morning.
Northwestern and West Central Center Tennessee
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON UNTIL 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY…
Combined precipitation anticipated. Complete sleet accumulations of as much as one tenth of an inch and ice accumulations of as much as one tenth of an inch.
Northwestern and West Central Center Tennessee.
Till 6 AM CST Wednesday.
Plan on slippery highway situations. The hazardous situations may impression the night commute.
Decelerate and use warning whereas touring.
The most recent highway situations for the state you’re calling from could be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Create an emergency automotive equipment. It’s best to keep away from touring, but when journey is critical, preserve the next in your automotive:
• Cellphone, transportable charger, and further batteries
• Objects to remain heat resembling additional hats, coats, mittens, and blankets
• Windshield scraper
• Battery-powered radio with additional batteries
• Flashlight with additional batteries
• Water and snack meals
• First support equipment with any obligatory medicines and a pocket knife
• Tow chains or rope
• Tire chains
• Canned compressed air with sealant for emergency tire restore
• Cat litter or sand to assist tires get traction, or highway salt to soften ice
• Booster cables with totally charged battery or jumper cables
• Hazard or different reflectors
• Vivid coloured flag or assist indicators, emergency misery flag, and/or emergency flares
• Street maps
• Waterproof matches and a can to soften snow for water
Convey your pets indoors
In case you have pets, deliver them indoors. If you happen to can’t deliver them inside, present enough shelter to maintain them heat and ensure they’ve entry to unfrozen water.
Stop Frozen Pipes:
• Insulate Pipes. The easiest way to maintain your pipes from freezing is to buy particularly designed pipe insulation.
• Hold Storage Doorways Closed.
• Open Cupboards.
• Let Taps Drip.
• Hold the Thermostat Constant.
• Seal Cracks and Openings.
• Go away the Warmth On.
• Open Inside Doorways.
*Keep in mind the tough chilly climate could be robust on our older neighbors, remember to inspect them when you have got a chance
Cellular: To See The Newest Tales or to share this text, scroll under