Robertson Co. Mayor Enacts Mask Mandate, Declares Health Emergency
Robertson Co. Mayor Enacts Masks Mandate, Declares Well being Emergency
ROBERTSON COUNTY TENNESSEE (Smokey Barn Information) – Robertson County goes again beneath a masks mandate following a latest spike in COVID-19 instances and a declaration of a well being emergency by Robertson County mayor Billy Vogle. Click on right here to learn the official declaration.
“As of yesterday, we’re averaging 17 optimistic COVID-19 instances a day, which is 120 individuals per week in Robertson County. Whereas many of those instances aren’t hospital stays, some are, and the typical keep within the hospital for COVID sufferers is 9 to 10 days. The Governor reached out to me final week asking me to implement a masks mandate. The center Tennessee space is a hotbed for the virus with numbers going greater every day.
“Whereas I knew the mandate was not an if, however when scenario, I felt a mandate earlier than the election was not the fitting factor to do. Our hospital has now reached out, asking for a mandate to alleviate the strain and stress that they’re dealing with. Stopping surgical procedures and procedures could be harmful for any hospital to outlive. This morning, the Tennessee Medical Affiliation is asking all mayors to please mandate masks. Our colleges have performed a brilliant job maintaining the doorways open, however additionally they know we can’t let this worsen or open-door courses and sports activities will undergo. Our companies should be open at a capability to pay salaries and survive. The Governor doesn’t need to implement one other emergency order to hamper these essential jobs.
So at present I’m implementing a masks mandate to begin at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020, till Nov. 30, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. central time. This order doesn’t apply to those that fall beneath the 13 excusable causes to not put on a masks.
The order doesn’t apply to:
1. Any one that is beneath age 12;
2. Any one that can’t safely put on a face-covering as a result of he/she has bother respiration attributable to an underlying well being situation or one other bona fide medical or health-related cause for not sporting a face-covering;
3. Anybody who’s incapacitated or in any other case unable to take away a face protecting with out help;
4. Individuals in a non-public residence;
5. Individuals who’re outdoor, until the individual can’t considerably preserve acceptable 6-foot social distancing from others exterior of the individual’s family;
6. Individuals whereas consuming or consuming;
7. Individuals in a spot of worship (until a face protecting is required by the place of worship), though individuals in locations of worship are strongly inspired to put on face coverings to gradual the unfold of
8. Individuals inside personal motor automobiles, until such car is getting used for public transportation or a car for rent;
9. Individuals working beneath situations the place acceptable social distancing of not less than six ft from others exterior the individual’s family is considerably maintained;
10. Individuals current in authorities services, or on authorities premises, who shall be topic to the foundations and laws of the governmental entity working the ability or premises. Individuals current within the public areas of all Robertson County authorities services will put on fabric or different face coverings, topic to the age and well being restrictions outlined herein, and topic to quantity 11,
under. Different native governmental entities could concern their very own directives relating to their services;
11. Individuals in a voting website for the aim of voting or administering an election; though such individuals are strongly inspired to put on face coverings to gradual the unfold of COVID-19;
12. Individuals who’re participating in strenuous train and/or bodily exercise, offered, nevertheless, that such individuals shall preserve 6-foot social distancing when not sporting a face protecting;
13. Individuals for whom sporting a face protecting would pose a security or safety threat.
I’m asking on your assist so we don’t have to maneuver into the vacations with a way of worry that may harm our native companies on this essential season. Thanks on your time and as at all times it’s a privilege and an honor to be your County Mayor.
Robertson County Mayor Billy Vogle
To See the newest COVID numbers:
COVID-19 DAILY CASE NUMBER REPORT (ROBERTSON)